goal against Southampton was a milestone for the Egyptian forward as he became
the fastest Liverpool forward to notch 50 Premier League. The Egyptian had been
stuck on 49 since February having endured a long scoring drought.
his individual effort at Southampton saw him overtake Spanish forward Fernando
Torres in the record books. Torres was an exceptional forward during his time
at Anfield and took just 72 games to score 50 EPL goals for the Reds.
has taken three fewer games to reach the milestone making it 50goals in 69
games for the Reds which is roughly almost a goal per game. This milestone was
not expected by many when the Egyptian signed for the club last summer.
felt that the 26-year-old was overpriced and would struggle to perform in the
EPL after his initial stint at Chelsea.
However, Salah has been able to form a good partnership with Roberto
Firmino and Sadio Mane to good effect.
season the Egyptian scored 32 goals in his debut season and has added 18
already this season making his transfer look like a coup for Jurgen Klopp’s
team. The Egyptian has been key this
season as the Reds look to break their EPL drought and currently lead the
League ahead of Manchester City who have a game in hand.
Liverpool also have a foot in the Champions League as they were able to secure a 2-0 victory in the first leg of their quarter-final tie with Porto. If Salah can continue to deliver for the Reds and they achieve league success his stay at the club would be considered a bigger success than Torres.
Egyptian would be preparing for the visit of former club Chelsea on Sunday as Liverpool
look to continue their good run.
forward Antoine Griezmann made history on Saturday in Atletico Madrid away
victory at Rayo Vallecano. The 27-year-old
notched the winner in the 1-0 victory thereby overtaking club legend Fernando
Torres in the all-time scoring list.
had drawn level with the Spanish striker in the Madrid derby when he scored from the penalty spot in the 3-1 defeat. The
French ace now has 130 goals for Atletico Madrid which is a remarkable feat for
Simeone has converted
an exciting winger signed from Real Sociedad in 2014 to a complete forward
capable of leading the line or playing in a front two. Within this period of time, the Frenchman has finished third in the FIFA BalonD’ Or award.
strike at Vallecano moved the Atletico to
second place on the League table above Real Madrid who suffered a shock defeat
at home to Girona. The result also puts the club seven points behind league
leaders Barcelona in the race for the La Liga title. Griezmann has proven to be
vital to Simeoneplans and has a remarkable history of staying injury free
leads the table of players whose goals has won the most points for their team,
the World Cup-winning star has won 13 points for Atletico Madrid this season. He has also scored
the only goal in the last three wins for the Madrid outfit.
The Frenchman is six goals behind the next player on the top scorer list Jose Eulogio Garate on 136 which he should meet before the end of the season. However, he is some way behind the top scorer on the list former Spain coach Luis Aragones who leads the table on 172 goals.
signed a long-term deal with Atletico at the start of the season and the club
would be hopeful that he breaks the record in the coming years. Atletico Madrid host Juventus at the Wanda
Metropolitano on Wednesday and the Frenchman
would be expected to have an impact on the game.
Former Liverpool player Fernando Torres believes that his
former club is the favorites to win the title. He said that Jurgen Klopp has
turned this side into a genuine title contender and that there is no doubt that
they can go all the way. He said that they are undefeated since the start of
the season and this shows the ability of this team.
He believes that the match against Manchester City will be
important and that the winner of this game will have a psychological advantage
over their rival. He said that Liverpool has been consistent throughout the
season and that it is important that they continue like this if they want to win
He said that Klopp has instilled so much belief in the team
and that they are not afraid of anyone. He said that the Anfield side has been
progressing continuously since the German manager took over and that they are
now in a great position to win the title. He said that they were outstanding
last year in the Champions League and managed to reach the final of the
Fernando Torres said that Liverpool is playing exciting football and that it is not only good to watch but also very effective. He said that opposing teams find it difficult to defend against Liverpool’s front three and that is the strength of the team.
He said that Klopp is also a great tactician and that he knows when to make changes to his team in order to help them win games. He said that they are in a good position in the league and that if they remain consistent there is no doubt that they will be able to clinch the title. He said that this will be a wonderful moment for the fans as they have been waiting for that for a long time.
Fernando Torres wishes Liverpool and not Chelsea to go on to become the champions of the English top tier this season. Torres featured for Liverpool and Chelsea at the peak of his career from 2007 to 2015 and enjoyed a great time at the two clubs.
The Spaniard says that it gets very difficult for him whenever he is asked to pick one between these two clubs because he has got emotional attachment with both of them and he can’t pick one. That’s why when these two teams go head to head against each other in the Premiership or in any other competition, he prefers not watching the game because if he watches, he doesn’t know whom to support.
Continue reading “Torres wants Liverpool to be Premier League champions”
Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres will leave the club at the end of the season when his contract expires, the player has confirmed. The 34-year-old has only made three leagues beginning of this season and has scored two goals in 20 league shows for second-placed Atletico. This he did after signing a one-year extension contract around 12 months ago.
“This will be my last season at the club,” Torres told a press conference. “It has not been an easy decision and it has been difficult to make, but I feel obliged to tell the fans. You can see that my role has been very limited; I think it’s the right time to advertise it. My conscience is clear and I think I’ve given everything I could. My idea was to hang my boots up here.”
Continue reading “Fernando Torres Clears He Wants To Leave Atletico Madrid In The Summer”
Former Spain international Fernando Torres has scored his first goal for Japanese club Sagan Tosu and set up another two goals. Torres has failed to score in his previous seven matches ever since coming to Japan.
Sagan was already leading in the game before Torres managed to score his goal. This was an important match for Fernando Torres as he was facing he was former teammate Iniesta who now plays for Vissel Kobe.
Continue reading “Torres scores first goal”
AC Milan recently signed £ 50 million flop Fernando Torres on a two-year loan spell from Chelsea just a few days before transfer deadline day. The Spaniard is set to make his first start for his new club in the league match against Empoli. Ahead of this encounter, Torres’ former teammate at Atletico Madrid, Demetrio Albertini, says that Milan will benefit from having patience with the 30-year-old. The striker has struggled for form in the last four years and Albertini says that it is very unlikely that he will recover it very soon.
Milan have made a great start to the season after winning the opening two matches, but they recently were defeated 1-0 by title rivals Juventus. Despite this setback, Filippo Inzaghi’s team look a formidable force. They have been playing an attractive brand of football which would in turn help Torres with several opportunities at his feet. It was not long ago that the 30-year-old was regarded as one of the best strikers in the world. Albertini has recalled that former Spain coach Luis Aragones was aware that Torres was a player who found it difficult to score goals that were normally tap ins for other players, but he was extremely adept at scoring tough goals.
“He can become a key player in Serie A. Fernando was very young when we played together at Atletico. He was the top scorer of the team. He is a great purchase. He is not one that scores very much. You have to have faith, wait patiently. As Luis Aragones said, as our Coach in Madrid then, 2002-03, Fernando finds it easier to score difficult goals than he does easy ones,” said the former Atletico Madrid teammate of Torres. After losing Mario Balotelli to Liverpool, Torres is the first choice striker available at the disposal of Inzaghi.
Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho has never lost faith in Fernando Torres, the Spanish player which cost the Premier League club €50 million failed to live up to the expectations that he could play at the same world class level he did some years ago when performing with Liverpool.
Even with his significant number of underwhelming matches and low amount of goals being scored in every season it seems like Mourinho truly believes that Fernando Torres still has a lot more to offer and the former Real Madrid manager continuously places the Spanish attacker in his starting lineup.
Chelsea has played a number of pre-season friendly matches against Vitesse, Werder Bremen, Olimpija and a few other clubs and the team of Jose Mourinho has collected positive results in all of the games except when locking horns with Werder Bremen where Fernando Torres missed the net from point blank range.
Jose Mourinho shut down claims and rumors linking Fernando Torres with a move away from Chelsea as the Portuguese manager went on saying that Torres will only leave if the player desires on doing so and this will not happen as Torres has already announced that he wants to repay Chelsea and the fans of the club for their support towards him.
If Fernando Torres does indeed remain in Stamford Bridge and no other high profile attacker is signed by Jose Mourinho then Torres and Diego Costa are expected to be lined up together as the main offensive players for Chelsea during the next Premier League season but if Torres does not perform at the level that is demanded by the club then it would be a wise decision for Mourinho to sign another player that can serve as a back-up option for the inconsistent Fernando Torres who has a lot to prove if he wants to silence his critics.
Pressure is extremely high on Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado after the Spaniard has failed to produce the goals since his £ 26 million move from Valencia in the summer. He was expected to be the club’s main source of goals after the departure of Gareth Bale. However, he has only a handful of goals since joining the club and with most of them coming from the penalty spot. He is in danger of losing his position to Emmanuel Adebayor, who was out of favour under former manager Andre Villas-Boas. Since the appointment of Tim Sherwood, Adebayor has returned to the starting line-up and has been scoring regularly.
Villas-Boas says that he can compare the situation faced by Soldado to the one experienced by Fernando Torres at Chelsea. The Spaniard has never been the same player since moving to Chelsea for a British transfer record fee of £ 50 million. There have been suggestions that the former Atletico Madrid man has failed to cope with the huge transfer fee on his shoulders. Soldado has not yet scored for Tottenham in 2014 and he was left on the bench for the big match against Chelsea last weekend.
Torres also endured similar struggles and he has been looking to get back to his former glory days ever since. Villas-Boas says Soldado needs luck in order to turn his form around.
“It’s also happened to Fernando Torres. In the Premier League it is very important the impact you made at the beginning. Soldado started the season well but he has failed to keep the regularity in terms of goals. That is crucial in a player’s adaptation to English football. His movements and his qualities as a scorer are tremendous. I’m sure his time will arrive. Maybe a little later than he expected but he has the quality to do it,” said Villas-Boas.
Chelsea managed to sign a number of midfielder and defenders during the January transfer window but the ultimate goal that Jose Mourinho wanted to secure was the acquisition of a forward that can help them secure the Premier League title.
The side of Jose Mourinho is currently located at the top of the Premier League but they are the club that has scored fewer goals out of the 4 teams that are fighting alongside them and this can be due to the fact that neither Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto’o or Demba Ba have managed to score goals on a consistent basis in this season.
Eden Hazard and Oscar are midfielders and they are the top goal-scorers from Chelsea of the current campaign. This is a sign of just how much the forwards of the club are struggling to find the back of the net.
Diego Costa of Atletico Madrid is enjoying a sensational season as he is the main engine behind the recent success of his club as they fight for the top spots of the Spanish league, La Liga alongside Barcelona and Real Madrid.
The Brazilian forward is a high-profile target of many clubs around Europe including Chelsea. It is believed that Chelsea are ready to include Fernando Torres in a deal that would be seeing Costa joining the Premier League club while Torres sees his way Into Atletico Madrid, if the deal does actually happen.
During the January transfer window, Chelsea failed to sign the Brazilian forward from Atletico Madrid but they are working on making a new offer for Costa in the summer and Fernando Torres is likely to be used as bait in order To make the deal go forward.